Female Sexual Function Index (FSFI) Online Calculator
Download as PDF [390 KB]
Sexual Health Inventory for Men (SHIM)
INSTRUCTIONS: Each question has five possible responses. Circle the number that best describes your own situation. Select only one answer for each question.
Information for clinicians:
- Add together the numbers corresponding to the answers for all the questions.
- If the patient’s score is 21 or less, erectile dysfunction (ED) should be addressed.
- The SHIM score measures the severity of the patient’s ED in the following manner:
- 22 – 25: No significant erectile dysfunction
- 17 – 21: Mild erectile dysfunction
- 12 – 16: Mild-to-moderate erectile dysfunction
- 8 – 11: Moderate erectile dysfunction
- 5 – 7: Severe erectile dysfunction
The purpose of SHIM
- With the advent of oral therapy for ED, the need for accurate diagnosis is greater than ever
- The SHIM questionnaire (also known as IIEF-5) is an abridged and slightly modified five-item version of the 15-item International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF), designed for easy use by clinicians to diagnose the presence & severity of ED in clinical settings
- This diagnostic tool may reduce the number of incorrectly diagnosed or underdiagnosed cases
- It is intended to complement the physical examination and patient history as a means of detecting ED
Adapted from: Rosen RC, Cappelleri JC, Smith MD, Lipsky J, Peña BM Development of an abridged, 5-item version of the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF-5) as a diagnostic tool for erectile dysfunction Int J Impot Res (1999); 11; 319 – 326