Labs to order when a patient doesn't know if they've had Hepatitis A and/or Hepatitis B immunization:
- HBsAb (normal/protective is >= 10 IU/L)
- HAV IgG (normal/protective is "Reactive")
If patient lacks immunity to Hepatitis A:
- Give Hep A vaccination (Havrix), 2 dose series:
- Havrix 1440 ELISA units (1 mL), 1 dose on day 0 and booster at 6-12 months.
- Give first dose at least 2 weeks prior to potential exposure.
If patient lacks immunity to Hepatitis B:
- Give Hep B vaccination (Engerix-B; Recombivax HB), 1 mL/dose, 3 dose series:
- 0, 1 months, 4 months
- 0, 2 months, 4 months